Thursday, July 12, 2012

The last couple of days have been less than eventful. The boys just want to sit in the apartment and do nothing! Unfortunately for them, that's not how I roll. For those that are facebook friends of mine, you already know we made it back to Dolphin Nose yesterday. The drive there is a bit away (mostly because we have too many people...in American standards...in the car and reality is my kids can't stand sitting next to anybody for a long period of time without getting into some sort of trouble), but in the end it was worth the time it took to get up there.

When we got there I realized I didn't have any small bills. If there is one thing I've learned while being here it is to carry small bills, because most places you go to don't have change. For reals...no change. At one place I waited for about 10 minutes while they had to walk somewhere else to get change. Unless you need one or two rupees back..."no change". The zoo, no change; the department store, no change; the yucky grocery store, no change. Yesterday wasn't any different. We went to the gate to pay for our admission, which was 110 rupees. I had 100 bills and 500 bills and 7 rupees.  I asked the boys if they had any extra rupees, asked my driver if he had any rupees...no extra rupees. So I paid 107 rupees to get in. Nobody told me "no" so I kept walking. As I'm doing the math in my mind for the cost of admittance it doesn't make any sense to me. The cost for Indian admittance was 10 rupees, foreigner adults were 25 rupees and children were 3 rupees. The problem was a child was considered 3-1 (and the then number after the 1 was scratched out). Was it 11? 13? 18? I honestly have no idea...oh, and then I had to pay 20 rupees for my camera. Nothing new, still a little weird, but not new. Here are pictures we took:

haha...dallan's hair is funny. It was a little windy if you couldn't tell.

Davis with Vizag in the background

Brayden and Dallan

Vizag, not super clear, but you get the idea

We got to climb to the top of the lighthouse to look out

Lighthouse on top of Dolphin Nose
After the lighthouse, the little boys wanted to play at the "playground". Evidently this was their first real teeter-totter because I thought they were going to wet their pants they were laughing so hard...

Goofy kiddos

These are pictures of the little village we had to drive through to get to the top of Dolphins Nose...







Today we didn't go to the school because the three little boys had a stomach ache, and because I don't want to use a public school bathroom in these parts, I wouldn't expect them to either. This afternoon Brayden went out with the missionaries and came home with some fun photos...

Brayden with Vizag behind him

Brayden with Elder Bown

'The Book of Mormon' in Telugu

1 Nephi, but the photo is sideways...

Of all the things we've seen in Vizag, Ryan thinks this is the funniest:

It says, "Nuclear Research Center"






No comments:

Post a Comment