Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Just when I thought there would be nothing to blog about...I was wrong!

This morning Davis and I were chatting on the balcony of our apartment when people started bringing their kids to school. For those who have missed it, our apartment is on the 5th floor and overlooks the basketball courts of an elementary school, MVP Public School. As we were chatting and watching all the children arrive, I had to run back in and get my camera...

Three little girls headed to school

two school children, one that's too little. Love the boy standing up in the scooter...

Letting the children in the gate

some children come by auto...ricksaw

2-wheeler, bike or bus

The little kids holding on crack me up!

Tardy! They have to wait until the prayer and anthem are complete until they can enter. They waited for at least 10 minutes


We went to the beach again today and were again surrounded by people. The boys are starting to get annoyed with it. I try to remind them to be nice, but after 6 weeks of people grabbing Dallans cheeks, I don't blame him from running away so nobody can!

When we got home I was putting laundry on the line when I started hearing drums beating and an electric keyboard playing. Through the streets walks a wedding procession. Mounika was with me and she explained to me what was happening. The groom, in the car was on the way to his wedding. It was pretty fun to see. Actually, I wanted to go to the wedding, but my saree won't be ready until tomorrow! :)

Wedding procession walks through the street

You hear them long before they get to where you are

The groom in the front seat of the car

friends/family of the groom

All the party sarees...

This was a different procession. We assumed it was for the same couple, although it could have been for a different one. They are going to get the apartment ready for the bride and groom. Everyone carries their gifts. Obviously, there's a bed, a dresser and two plastic chairs...

Also included was a vanity, many bags of commodities (like rice) and other foods and spices...

More gifts...
 Maybe I should hang out on my balcony more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment