Saturday, July 7, 2012

Just a quick post tonight. Yesterday we didn't do much, went grocery shopping and then ate a healthy dinner of  'Malabar Paratha' that I found at the grocery store. I think it's a tortilla, tasted like a super thick homemade one, but the kids liked it. We also had potato smiles (exactly what it sounds like) and then made some Raman noodles that we bought locally. They were Ramen noodles with a kick!

This morning Ryan and I went to market. I keep wanting to take pictures of all the vegetables that are here because some are so strange. Today, this is what we ended up with:

Market finds, carrots, cilantro, tomatoes, mango, pineapple, limes, green onion, red onion pomegranates, eggs and garlic. For everything we spent less than 150 rupees, which is less than $3. 

When we purchased the carrots they women that sold them to Ryan totally "scammed" us. I don't know what the real charge for 3 carrots would be for a local, but they charged us 6 rupees. When we were walking away the ladies snickered like "we got them!".  Funny thing is that 6 rupees translates to about  10 cents. What those women don't know is that we pay less here when we "get taken" then when we have to buy carrots in the U.S.

Went to the beach today and Ryan was able to go with us this time. It was the first time he was able to witness the mob that accumulates around while we sit there. This was Davis' day today...

Davis posing with a bunch of people at the beach
Here are some more fun photos:

The boys were watching the cow to make sure he didn't kick them...

Dallan surfing

That's Dallan on the back of Andy, the surfing dude!

waaaaaay too common at the beaches here...men in their underwear. I cut off his head for his protection, just in case someone in Ryan's office here in India might by chance know him. :)


1 comment:

  1. and when I'm at the beach....I'm in a speedo trying to tan my cheeks! I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I WORK OUT!
    ask brayden...he'll know

    ReplyDelete